I learned about this AP from training and FB groups that I had participated in before and now thank God I was finally given the opportunity to try the Ruijie Reyee RG-EW1200G Pro device. I didn’t have much time to try it, about 1 hour, so I’m sorry if I haven’t been able to give maximum results.
Internet <–> AP <–> Laptop
Here’s the information I can provide:
1. Here’s a little photo of the AP and because I got an AP device that has been confused before, then I will reset the AP, how to press the Reset button about 10 seconds more like the writing on the back (rreye06.jpeg) to the blue light flashing (rreye05.jpeg).
Where is the blue light ? under the writing of Ruijie | Reyeee. Honestly, I also just talked about connecting the adapter, how come there is no light indicator like a router in general. Even then, I knew when I reset it in the position of the router slightly sideways, so I saw the blue light.
For the daytime it was not very noticeable but unfortunately I didn’t have time to try it at night.
2. Okay, let’s continue, before I tried the speedtest from the laptop first to make sure my internet speed and here are the results.
3. I will equate the IP block of the AP with the laptop, I put the IP 192.168.110.2, where 192.168.110.1 is the default IP of the AP. Here’s how it looks and click Configure.
4. A wizard appears to connect the AP to the internet, in the first case it is DHCP, because the router will be set by me a static IP, then the error can be ignored. Here’s the display for PPPoE, Static IP and Repeater settings. After I fill in the IP in Static IP, click Next.
5. By default it has been given the SSID name for 2 frequencies and in this case I will not change it, just fill in the Management Password and change the Country/Region/Time Zone, click Override.
6. The SSID configuration that has been created appears, click Finish.
7. The AP has successfully connected to the internet, until a popup appears to upgrade the firmware to the latest version, in this case I click Upgrade Later.
8. The following is the view from the Home page, there is information on the status of the AP, the number of clients connected and the status of the LAN port and AP version.
9. Clients page to see devices connected via cable and wireless and there is a feature to block but sorry I haven’t had time to try it.
10. The Internet page is more or less like step 4, to connect the AP to the internet.
11. The Wi-Fi page is like step 5.
12. The More page apparently sees more features such as Basics WAN as shown below :
- WAN : connects the AP to the internet.
- LAN : change the AP IP, configure DHCP IP and see the connected device.
- IPTV/VLAN, IPv6 Address and Repeater Mode sorry I haven’t tried it yet.
13. The Wireless page is as follows :
- Wi-Fi : change the SSID name, frequency, password, activate Guest, for Smart Wi-Fi and Healthy Mode I have not tried it. I tried to activate the Guest Wi-Fi menu, which is usually so that the connected device cannot access the AP login page, but several times I tried, it turned out that my cellphone was still can access the login page.
16. For Diagnostics, it’s the same, just try the feature on the Network Tools menu.
17. On the System page, only in the Online Upgrade feature that I tried, where after the upgrade process is complete, the router will return to the Home page and if we return to the page System – Upgrade, it says the router firmware is the latest version.
18. To change the AP language, click the active language and select the desired language, it turns out that Indonesian is available, although I didn’t try it either.
19. There is also a QR code to download the Ruijie application to remote this AP device via online, I haven’t tried it either.
20. Here are the speedtest results from my laptop via cable and my cellphone via wireless using different frequencies.
The main feature of this AP is Reyee Mesh but therefore there is only 1 router available and a short time, so sorry I have not been able to provide many results. Hopefully next time I can try again. Thanks