Continuing the previous article, this time I will discuss the Easy Mirroring feature and Youtube Casting.
Easy Mirroring (EM), is the name of the feature found on this Panasonic TV, the possibility of different names from other brands, as well as the name on the Smartphone (HP) if the feature is available, on the Asus HP (Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE551KL, Asus Zenfone 2 The ZE551ML and Asus Zenfone 5Q) are PlayTo and Multi-screen Interaction on the Oppo F7. As the name implies, this feature will display the same image from the HP screen to the TV screen using wireless media and without the need to connect to the internet. Please ensure that wireless media on TV and HP has been activated to connect.
Following are the Easy Mirroring terms and guidelines on Asus HP and their pictures :
- Activate the wireless feature on the HP (no need to connect to the router or Access Point).
- Activate the Easy Mirroring feature on the TV (by default it is on) and the TV is on (not idle mode).
1. Select Settings – More on Wireless & networks.
2. Select PlayTo then the HP will search for surrounding media.
3. Select the device found and then HP will ask for permission to connect to the TV set.
4. If permitted, Easy Mirroring will automatically occur on HP and TV with the Airplay logo (on the upper left side) and wireless transmission (in the top center).
5. The process that I tried there was a pause of about 1-2 seconds between the moves on the cellphone and the TV.
For Oppo F7 :
1. Select Settings – Other Wireless Connections – Multi-screen Interaction, swipe right to activate it.
2. Select Search to search for devices, and the rest like steps 3 and 4 above.
Youtube Casting (YC), this is naming myself, you are free if you want to give a different name, in essence is to display Youtube broadcasts from mobile phones to TV. Unlike EM, YC will only show on TV the videos played from the Youtube application on HP and we can still open other menus without interrupting the video.
The requirement is that it requires an internet connection both on cellphone and TV (because it will open a Youtube application on TV, even though I have offline videos on Youtube, it won’t be able to be played on TV if there is no internet connection).
There are 2 ways in this process according to information that can be seen from Youtube Settings on TV, namely :
1. Connection with wireless media.
HP and TV (in live condition, not standby mode) are connected in the same network (can use wireless or wired media for TV). Open the Youtube application on the cellphone, then the Casting icon will appear, select the icon, it will immediately open the Youtube application on the TV.
At this time I just did a test from 1 TV, maybe if there are 2 Smart TVs, the option will appear for the Casting selection.
2. Connection with code.
If there is a SMART TV that is connected to the Internet but the HP (using a data plan) is not connected to the router or AP (the same network as the TV), is it possible? This can still be done through unit code from Youtube on TV, why do I call it unique? because the code will continue to change.
The way to connect with the code is :
1. Open the Youtube application on HP, select the profile image (top right corner) and select Settings in Account.
2. Select Watch on TV, select ENTER TV CODE, enter the code obtained from the Youtube application on TV (open the Youtube application on TV, select After and select Link with TV code, the TV code will appear), click Link, then the HP has been connected with The TV.
To view devices connected to Smart TV, open the Youtube application and select Settings – Linked devices.
What if the first cellphone is connected first, then there are 2 or 3 next cellphones that do the casting simultaneously? The result is that all the videos (other than the first cellphone) that were supposed to be played will turn into the first HP video that was being played at that time on another cellphone screen, which is fair enough to me, so who connected first, he mastered the TV. Another thing if I choose Add to Queue, it will be the queue from before.
I returned, the two features above (EM and YC) cannot work together. Such is the temporary information that I can convey, thank you.
Note: I have edited this article again because of the addition of Asus Zenfone 5Q and Oppo F7 devices.