Laptops that have the original OS installed, generally only consist of 1 partition (visible), namely C. Actually there are also other partitions but they are not shown in Windows Explorer.
- Open the following link https://www.diskpart.com/download-home.html then click Download Freeware or you can directly click https://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/pa/PAssist_Std.exe, wait until the download is complete.
Note: The images and versions below are screenshots at that time, so it is definitely different if you download it at a later time, the difference between the image and the version of the application at that time.
- Double click the file then click OK, Skip, Install Now and Enjoy Now as shown below and AOMEI Partition will open automatically.
3. If it doesn’t open automatically, click AOMEI Partition on the Desktop and here’s how it looks. Please note, if drive C has Bitlocker Encrypted info, then follow these steps so that the HDD can be partitioned, but if it’s only C, please go to step 7.
4. Click the Windows button and then type device encryption settings.
5. Click Turn off and wait for the process to finish.
6. Reopen AOMEI Partition and make sure the display for drive C is as follows.
7. Right click on C: Windows-SSD then select Resize/Move Partition.
8. Fill in the desired size on the Partition size or slide the green white circle, click OK.
9. The partition size in C will change and there will be partitions left after it. Right click on the empty partition and select Create Patition.
10. Repeat as in step 9, but in this you can select the partition letter afterwards, in this case I select D on the NTFS Drive Letter and File System and give the Data label in the Partition Label (click Advanced). I only want to create 2 partitions, namely C and D, so I will automatically allocate all the remaining partitions, then click OK.
Note: If your hard disk size is large enough for example 1 TB and you want to create 3 or 4 partitions, then repeat step 9 and 10 for as many partitions as you want to create.
11. The following shows the 2 partitions, click Apply for the next process, then click Proceed and OK.
12. The partition process will run under Windows (the laptop will restart automatically) and wait for the process to finish as shown below.