Have you ever run a Telnet program and the results shown above have appeared? The message informs the command prompt it does not recognize the Telnet command. If you are using a version of Windows 7 and above, you can immediately activate the Telnet program that has been provided in Windows.
Here’s a guide that I apply in Windows 10 :
1. Click Start, then type program, then the result will be like the following image, click Add or remove programs.
2. Click Programs and Features.
3. Click Turn Windows features on or off.
4. Scroll down and look for Telnet Client, check it and click OK.
5. Click Close when finished.
6. Please try again as the initial image and will display different results (in this case the Telnet command has been running).
Oh yeah, what is Telnet? I will discuss in another article. Thanks.