Before following the following guidelines, make sure the position of the PC / laptop and LAN cable are in accordance as shown below.
wall jack <—–> (Internet/WAN port) router (Ethernet 1-4) <—–> laptop / PC
<—> = LAN cable
- PC / laptop with IP Dynamic
- LAN cable
1. Connect the LAN cable from the PC / laptop to the LAN port (1-4) to the router and make sure the status on the PC / laptop is connected and there is no cross.
2. Connect the LAN cable from the building / apartment / wall jack to the WAN / Internet port on the router.
3.Open the browser to log in to the router by entering 192.168.0.1 (default IP) in the Address Bar, then Enter, make sure to remember the username and password. If the address 192.168.0.1 does not open or does not remember the router username and password, it is recommended to reset it (step number 4).
For other types of routers, you can see on the stickers installed under the router.
- To reset the router as default, make sure the router is on and press the reset button on the back of the router for 5-10 seconds until the light indicator blinks simultaneously.
5. In the left pane, select Network – WAN then select / fill with :
WAN Connection Type : PPPoE/Russia PPPoE
User name : username-login
Password : password-login
Confirm password : password-login
Wan Connection Mode : Connect Automatically
After that click Connect and make sure the status is Connected then click Save.
Until this step should be connected to the Internet, please try to open a site first, if successful please proceed to step number 6 for wireless configuration.
- On the left panel, select Wireless – Wireless Settings then select / fill in the following information then click Save.
SSID : nama wireless.
Region : Indonesia
Channel : Auto
Mode : 11bgn mixed
Channel Width : Auto
Max Tx Rate : 300 Mbps
Enable Wireless Router Radio : check if you want to activate the wireless feature
Enable SSID Broadcast : check if you want to display the wireless name
- To change the wireless password, select Wireless – Wireless Security in the left panel then select fill with the following information then click Save.
Version : Automatic.
Encryption : Automatic.
PSK Password : password wireless (minimum 8 characters).
Until this step you have successfully connected to the Internet via ethernet and wireless cables by entering a password first (for wireless).
There are several devices that are not compatible with the above configuration, you can do it manually by changing the options that match the device.
- If you want to use CCTV or other devices that require the Port Forward feature, select Forwarding – Virtual Servers in the left panel then click Add New and fill in the following information then click Save :
Service Port : port or range port to use.
IP Address : IP address of the device to be connected.
Protocol : All
Status : Enabled
Not all ISPs open ports that will be used by CCTV / other devices, for that you can consult the relevant ISP first.
Tested with TP-Link TL-WR941N / TL-WR941ND
Firmware Version : 3.11.8 Build 100609 Rel.61214n
Hardware Version : WR941N v2/v3 00000000
Can be used for :
TL-WR842N / TL-WR842ND
TP-Link TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND
TL-WR740N / TL-WR741ND